Pocket Full of Mumbles

What's done is done, and this puppy's done. Visit me over at Pearls & Lodestones

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Prayer of Humbleness

When it entered my mind to write this verse,
Was it the chill night air that shivered deep throughout my being?
Or was it you, Lord?
Was it your voice whispering; telling me to write?
Or was it a trick of air over skin?
Truthfully, there is nothing lost either way.
Praises offered to thee are always welcomed; Even my rough poetry,
Be they offered with a true heart,
A searching heart,
A human heart in need of thee, Oh, Lord;
Wishing to please You,
Wishing to give You what is in my power to give,
For the gift You have given me.

I am a sinner, Lord --
Unworthy of You,
But loved by you nonetheless.
Not for any righteousness I possess
--Of which there is none.
There is truly nothing great about me
That you, my Lord, should want me.
Were it not for thy blood, thy son
Thy mercy, thy loving-kindness,
I could never hope to dwell in thy house.
Were it not for the work you performed on Calvary
I would yet be a slave to my sin.
Were it not for the blood of Jesus
I would yet be dead in spirit.
Were it not for His Glorious resurrection
I would have no hope of eternity;
In your house,
In your light,
In your love,
Of adding my voice to a choir of praise
--Millions strong,
Before your throne;
Our crowns at your feet.

I am a sinner yet, Lord
For though you have saved me
Through Jesus, His blood, His sacrifice in my stead.
For though you have resurrected my spirit
From death unto Life everlasting,
I am still but flesh
Weak, tempted daily, and doomed to fail
However hard I try.
It is but by your Grace that I find favor,
That forgiveness is given me
Through Christ Jesus
My Lord, and Savior
In whom I am made righteous
And a joint heir in heaven;
His adopted brother.
He is my King, my groom,
And the lover of my soul.

I am a sinner, Lord,
And humbly I pray,
Make me worthy
Of the great gift you have bestowed upon me.
Guide my every step
That I might walk in the way everlasting.
Loose my tongue
That I might praise you openly,
Fearing no man,
But drawing the lost to salvation
That search for you still
--Though they know it not.
Let me show them
It is for You they search

Every heart searches, Lord
Till you find it.
Every heart aches for you, Lord
Till you enter in.
Every knee shall bow,
And every tongue confess
That your son Jesus is Lord.
Let my witness be a blessing to you.
Let your word, through me,
Bring Glory to your name.
May I bear much fruit,
And on that day hear you reward me with
Well done, my good and faithful servant.”

This is the legacy I would leave, Lord,
Should you tarry, and my body return to dust.
I would carry this with me into thy presence.
Teach me how to walk this path.
Show me where to step,
For I can do nothing without you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home