Pocket Full of Mumbles

What's done is done, and this puppy's done. Visit me over at Pearls & Lodestones

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Nagin Goes Wonka -- Updated

No, I'm not going to bash Mayor Nagin-- not over this anyway --for saying he hoped to recreate New Orleans as a "chocolate" city... I happen to like chocolate.

I know some are offended by the Mayor's statement, but realistically, we've heard far worse from the likes of Sharpton, Jackson, and Farrakhan. Mr. Nagin has far more class than the afore mentioned race-baiters.

For me, it's enough he apologized.


UPDATE:
I miss-paraphrased Mayor Nagin. He did not say he wanted to recreate New Orleans and turn it into a "Chocolate City", he in fact said New Orleans would be "Chocolate again." I'm still not offended. Realistically, New Orleans was predominantly "African-American" before Katrina said hello.

Also, a number of AM Radio hosts (not Limbaugh) and assorted other talking heads have all jumped on the Mayor's claim that God is angry at America... Hence Katrina. Apparently it is ridiculous to say that God is angry with America and demonstrates His anger through natural disasters, and is an absolute no-no... Even in conservative circles. I have to politely disagree. Why should America cling to the arrogant belief that it is exempt from the wrath of God, that we are in fact blessed? Especially since we kill untold numbers of innocent children via the constitutional right of abortion.

Instead of a National Day of Prayer, this Nation needs a National Day of Prayer & Repentance. God does not bless murderers, nor does He protect the unrighteous from calamity.

Lastly. I've heard someone out there is selling "Willy Nagin and the Chocolate Factory" T-shirts. I've looked for it online, but without success.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home