Pocket Full of Mumbles

What's done is done, and this puppy's done. Visit me over at Pearls & Lodestones

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Blogger Is the Perfect 'Poor Man's' Webhost

No, this isn't an ad for Blogger; just let me get that out of the way, but I have discovered over the last few months, at the cost of lots of experimentation hours, that if one is willing to do without 'certain' features common to normal webpages, you can pretty much have all you need here, provided you're willing to do all the work yourself... like designing the look and workability of your very own Poor Man's webpage. Aside from that, here's some other things Joe Poorman can't do in blogger... yet. [hint hint]

1. Joe can't offer PDF files he has personally authored for download... Or txt, rtf, word, yada, yada, yada

2. Joe can't post music or video files either, and neither can he post flash games for the amusment of his loyal readers

3. Joe has a limited number of storage space for images, so he has to be frugal

4. And then there's the outages. Blogger is notorious for dropping service unexpectedly... usually while Joe is trying to post his magnificently beautiful 3500 word thesis on the meaning of Life, the Universe, and Everything. Thank you Mr. Adams

Aside from all that, Joe has it pretty good here at Blogger.

2 Comments:

Blogger Al-Ozarka said...

Hear, hear!

I'm grateful for the service! When I first went on-line, I had no idea it was available. I happened to notice the "Get Your Own Blog" button on a site I visited and the rest is...er...umm...history!

July 07, 2006 12:13 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

I should have made my point more clear on this...

Many Web Sites have layers... click on one button and it takes you to a different page... Well, the same can be done in blogger by creating a sepatate blog for each page to which you want to link.

If they had the other features I lamented having to do without, Blogger would be one fabulous *free* service.

July 07, 2006 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home