Pocket Full of Mumbles

What's done is done, and this puppy's done. Visit me over at Pearls & Lodestones

Friday, June 15, 2007

Fair Warning One and All...

From here on out, NO one gets to use 'the Fact-Based' in their handle when commenting. I will, the moment time permits, delete and re-post any comment whose author chooses to label themselves as such. No one is truly 'fact-based' in this arena... myself included. Facts, like taffy, can be stretched beyond all recognition. So! If anyone thinks I've stretched the truth, speak up! But don't assume I'll let anyone attack from a position of self-superiority, on a pedestal of personal conceit. If I think your facts are screwy you can bet I'll say as much, but I won't do it from the aforementioned position and pedestal.

Having said all that, it's not like unimpeachable facts can't be found here and elsewhere, only that 'facts' tend to be 'subjective' dependant upon their wielders.

4 Comments:

Blogger Marshal Art said...

I was thinking of changing my handle to "The All-Knowing Marshall Art". Would that be OK?

June 15, 2007 8:52 PM  
Blogger Erudite Redneck said...

Omniscient Redneck here!

June 15, 2007 9:00 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

I don't mind the labels as much as I mind positions of smug-superiority and pedestals of personal conceit.

No one gets to mischaracterize 'facts' and embrace such positions and pedestals. Not here at least.

June 15, 2007 9:09 PM  
Blogger Mark said...

What about "barely sentient" Mark?

June 18, 2007 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home