Pocket Full of Mumbles

What's done is done, and this puppy's done. Visit me over at Pearls & Lodestones

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Songs Worth Acquiring -- UPDATED!!!

"Angels of the Island"
--Bali Lounge

"[Jesus Hits Like the] Atom Bomb"
--Blind Boys of Alabama

As heard on Radioio Eclectic


----!UPDATED!----

"I Grieve"
--Peter Gabriel

As heard on "Smallville"

Smallville being an obsession of mine,
I was compelled to watch the 100th episode,
"Reckoning"-- The Episode everyone's been
waiting for for four+ years... The episode
where Clark's path to the cape takes its
most dramatic turn. This is the one where
Jonathan Kent meets his long awaited
heart-attack.

The song they played at the end during
Jonathan Kent's funeral was so haunting...
So heart-wrenching... I simply had to
know who the artist was, so I quickly
jotted down a few key lines of lyric,
returned to the station, and googled my
way to an unexpected name. I say unexpected
because it was, but I was not at all
surprised.

This is definitely a song worth acquiring...

2 Comments:

Blogger tugboatcapn said...

Hey, Lash, The song "Precious" by depeche mode showed up on Fox network's "Bones" last night...

I've got a song for you to check out, if you can find it.

Have you ever heard "Leaving Me Now" by Level 42?

Try to find the long version with the piano outro if you can...

It's beautiful.

I love these posts! do you mind if I add you to my Blogroll?
(I always ask first...)

January 26, 2006 7:39 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Not at all, I welcome the exposure. And thanks for the Level 42 tip-- another great 80's band that survived the 80's.

January 26, 2006 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home