Pocket Full of Mumbles

What's done is done, and this puppy's done. Visit me over at Pearls & Lodestones

Thursday, July 20, 2006

How's this for a headline?

3,000 Americans emigrate to Israel
As rockets fly, planeloads of Jews arrive in Middle East

TEL AVIV – As rockets slam into Israel and Israeli reprisals force Lebanese to flee the border region and parts of Beirut, more than 3,000 American citizens are leaving the comfort and security of the United States to make war-torn Israel their home.

"What is the best answer to Hezbollah?" asked former Israeli prime minister and current opposition leader Benjamin Netanyahu during a welcome address to the new citizens. "You are the answer to Hezbollah."

...

At a farewell ceremony for the emigrating American citizens in New York's John F. Kennedy international airport, Israel's consul general in New York, stated, "The fact that you are making Aliyah at this point in time is a vote of confidence and security in the state of Israel and the victory over terrorism."

...

Sammy Capuano, who arrived on the flight with his wife Shiri and their six-month-old son from Aventura, Fla., told WND that despite the ongoing violence, "it's a feeling of relief to be in Israel."

"God could have put Israel in Texas or the Bahamas," Capuano said. "But God put us here amongst our enemies to teach us that our security comes from one source: from following God's commandments.


Amen! And may God richly bless each and every one.

7 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Amen, indeed!

One day, when the hubby and I are not child-poor, I intend to go to Israel!

July 21, 2006 7:51 AM  
Blogger Dan Trabue said...

By the way, you have a nice looking blog here. Did you customize it yourself? This isn't one of the default pages, right?

July 21, 2006 9:54 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Actually this page DIDstart out as a default page, then one called "Scribe". I photoshop'd all the elements and changed them somewhat, boned up on CCS and HTML (I was a complete novice when I started... still am, actually), and then began experimenting. I created my own sidebar .gif's for my link headings, and what you see here is the product of 1 year of tinkering. My most recent additions were the green dividers in the sidebar.

July 21, 2006 10:23 AM  
Blogger Al-Ozarka said...

When I was 13 my father was stationed at Souda Bay, Crete. We joined him there for two-and-a-half years. They always talked about going to Israel for a visit while we were there but never did so.

I'd like to be there right now!

EL, I've always admired your page set-up. I have no CLUE as how to add a little personal style to my own. I intend to take a course during the spring semester that will inform me.

July 21, 2006 12:24 PM  
Blogger tugboatcapn said...

I have always admired the look of your Blog myself, Lash.

Any customization that I have done on my own site, (which is very little,) stems only from the fact that I married a Computer Genius.

With out Xena, there would be absolutely no options. She taught me everything I know about adding things to Blogs, (which is, again, very little.)

I'm thinking of changing my template soon, however.

Any tips or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

July 21, 2006 11:58 PM  
Blogger tugboatcapn said...

Oh, and one more thing, Lash...

If you are going to employ Comment Moderation, there is no more need for Word Verification.

If you remove that, then you won't have to figure out those curvy letters in order to comment on your OWN Blog.

(Not to mention the fact that it makes things easier on me...)

July 22, 2006 12:01 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Makes sense to me... consider it done.

As to blog templates, do what I did... study your template and the template of others... especially the CSS code, THAT's what makes the look. The HTML just organizes the page. Find a design you like, then photoshop your own graphics. Upload them just like you would pictures to your blog, then copy the URL of the image and insert it into your template. But make sure you save a copy of your template to your desktop... just in case.

July 22, 2006 12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home