Pocket Full of Mumbles

What's done is done, and this puppy's done. Visit me over at Pearls & Lodestones

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I Am Not A Prophet...

...But only a blind idiot could fail to see the level to which the escalating conflict between Israel and her peaceful neighbors will soon reach.

Ehud Olbert too seems incapable of perceiving the blatantly obvious. His continued insistence that Israel, by pulling out of much of the West Bank territories of Judea and Samaria, will somehow engender feelings of brotherly love in the breasts of their enemies is-- for lack of [a] better word(s) --Suicidally Idiotic.

No, I am not a prophet, but I can say with as much certainty that Israel's enemies seem to honestly believe that she, despite their continued assortment of rocket attacks, suicide bombings and kidnappings, will not seek to utterly destroy them with a ferocity that is obviously beyond the capacity of Palestinians to fathom. These idiots have obviously never witnessed the lengths to which a cornered animal will go to defend its own life and limb...

And I assure you, Israel is far more dangerous than any ten-thousand cornered animals. But again, I am no prophet. So take everything I've just written with any number of grains of salt.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

EL, from now on, I'm only going to reply once to each of your posts. I have yet to be able to draw you into a serious fact-based discussion in reply to any of your posts. I know you in reality to be an intelligent on-topic debater, able to see both sides of an argument, and able to admit when you are mistaken on a point. Here on your blog though, all I ever get in reply to my comments are your religio/politico talking points. I can't sit by and let your distorted posts sit unopposed though, so from now on you will only get one fact-based reasoned comment from me.

I'll begin with the above post.
1. You completely fail to mention the recent bombings by the Isreali military that have killed civillians notably grandmothers, small children and familes at a beach.

2. You don't talk about how for almost a year there has been a cease fire between Israel and Palestine since the Gaza Strip disengagement.

3. You suggest that Palestine and Lebanon are the agressors against Israel. When in actuality it is Irael that has responded in the agressive manner to low-level conflicts.

July 13, 2006 4:00 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

I fail to mention the killings of civilians on a beach, because it has been sufficiently proven that it was not an Israeli missle that killed the happy beach-goers... it was Palestinian.

And despite a cease fire, Hamas has been lobbing rockets into Israel... considered an act of war in any other part of the world.

Invading foreign soil, killing military personnel, kidnapping others, is hardly 'low-level' conflicts. Again, they are acts of war. Should Israel do nothing? She has to defend herself and her people because it's assured no one else will.

July 13, 2006 8:23 AM  
Blogger Al-Ozarka said...

Satan is the father of lies and Muhammed is his prophet!

July 14, 2006 6:49 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

How very true, D. The same could be said for every other false religion... just a lie to divert man's attention from the True God of Heaven.

What I find so interesting about the escalation of hostilities betwixt Israel and her neighbors is Syria's involvement... but I'll save that observation for a genuine post.

July 14, 2006 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home