Pocket Full of Mumbles

What's done is done, and this puppy's done. Visit me over at Pearls & Lodestones

Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas

EL's going to be on the road in about an hour... ish... Off to Panama City Florida where he'll enjoy the holiday with his family. Prime Rib is on the Menu-- a first for the Ashley Clan... there's so few of us left these days... 3 actually; the rest are married into other families or dead... no rose colored glasses here! Not this day! But this is typical for me... too many... issues... regrets... to truly enjoy this day. On top of all this, James Brown, the Godfather of soul, had the misfortune of dying early this morning at the age of 73... He's not the reason for my seasonal low-spirit, but I do wonder if he was saved... Well, have to be on the road by 10:30... ish ...to make the 80 minute drive... probably less, the way I drive this particular route.

Not going to be blogging much the rest of the year. Got a lot to think about, pray about, DO about, on top of my two jobs and another year fast approaching. It's not likely I'll elaborate on any of this, so... it is what it is.

Thanks for being here. Have a merry Christmas, and I promise to try and do the same...




3 Comments:

Blogger benning said...

A Merry Christmas to you!

I went to my Folks' church last night for Christmas Eve services - the only suit-wearing evening for me - and then spent the night with the Folks. We had Prime Rib, Twice-baked Potatoes, asparagus, and some pie for Christmas dinner. Truly a Holiday Feast!

My Eagles beat the Hated Dallas Cowboys to make the Yuletide brighter!

Be careful on the road!

December 25, 2006 8:26 PM  
Blogger Erudite Redneck said...

Blessing on you and yours, EL. I believe in Divine Appointments. Ours is one.

December 25, 2006 8:48 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Amen.

Thank you both for stopping by...

December 26, 2006 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home