Pocket Full of Mumbles

What's done is done, and this puppy's done. Visit me over at Pearls & Lodestones

Monday, March 05, 2007

Can't Buy Me Love

As an unrepentant and consummate Beatles fan, naturally, the first thing that popped into my head upon reading of Britney Spear's latest sad moment were the following lyrics

I don't care too much for money, money can't buy me love...
[...]
Can't buy me love, everybody tells me so
Can't buy me love, no no no, no

Scrawling '666' on her forehead, shouting "I'm the Antichrist!", and attempting to hang herself with a bed sheet... WHILE IN REHAB, no less.

If ever someone was to be pitied... Britney Spears heads the list.

But we all have a part in this. We're spending much of each and every day


"Looking through the bent backed tulips, to see how the other half live"
That Glass Onion we call a television has been the ruin of many a soul... and yet I can't seem to draw my gaze away from its baleful hypnotic stare.


"I GOT BLISTERS ON MY [EYEBALLS]!!!"


5 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

That story may or may not be true. The UK press has reported it, but as yet, none of the US news outlets have.

That said, it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

March 05, 2007 12:11 PM  
Blogger MSU gal said...

this is your brain...
this is your brain on a celebrity obsessed junket of non-informational, oscar-lovin', teen queen strutin', Americal Idol worshippin',paparazzi feastin', you tube broadcastin', dr. phil and orpah followin', who's got the most money in the world seekin', live on the scene, late breakin' sound bites that we call entertainment.

I know...I am guilty too
:)

March 05, 2007 3:39 PM  
Blogger tugboatcapn said...

Britney who?

March 06, 2007 8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you pray for Britney or did you really hope she was the antichrist?

Has your assurance of your "team" winning in the end robbed you of all desire and drive to improve the here and now?

March 11, 2007 1:35 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

        "Did you pray for Britney or         did you really hope she         was the antichrist?

        "Has your assurance of your "team"         winning in the end robbed you of all         desire and drive to improve the here         and now?"


Your questions are insulting. If I didn't care about changing the 'here and now' I wouldn't waste my time pleading with people to change how they think and what they beleive. Neither would I say Britney is to be pitied rather than put upon a pedestal, a position where the faults of even the morally cleanest individual would be easy visible to the unforgiving eyes of media vultures.

March 12, 2007 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home