Pocket Full of Mumbles

What's done is done, and this puppy's done. Visit me over at Pearls & Lodestones

Monday, March 06, 2006

Pithy Review: Ultraviolet

Violence for the sake of violence. But no substance, and no motive offered to make one care about Violet's cause-- and that poorly defined.

The tampering with skin tones and textures was horrible, but I guess it had to be done to make the actors blend in with the animated city the size of 2 or 3 New York's, and so completely devoid of population [the biggest complaint I had about Aeon Flux].

The only redeeming factor was Milla. The woman's a dynamo. This from the ScifiWire...

Mike Smith, the stunt coordinator for the movie Ultraviolet, told SCI FI Wire that he was in the unique position to have trained with both Christian Bale, who went on to play Batman, and Milla Jovovich, who played Alice in Resident Evil and stars in [Ultraviolet]. Both went above and beyond the call of duty in their training for rigorous stunts, said Smith, who also runs Xlentstunts Inc. in Van Nuys, Calif.

As for Jovovich... Smith said: "Milla is fast, too, but she is different. She was able to get the punctuation of the movements just right, not like any other actress or stuntwoman, for that matter, that I ever worked with. And she is strong."


I got in free, so I didn't waste any cash. You won't miss much by NOT seeing it on the big screen. In fact, it might improve visually-- the flesh-effects look horrible on the big screen. My advice, wait for the DVD... Sometime in June/July, if not sooner. This one's going to tank at the Box Office.


My apologies.... This wasn't very pithy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're becoming quite the michael medved of bloggers with your reviews.. :-)

March 06, 2006 11:38 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Medved. He has a radio show, right? I may have caught it once or twice by accident.

I hope your reference means the "pithy" was good.

March 06, 2006 11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home