Pocket Full of Mumbles

What's done is done, and this puppy's done. Visit me over at Pearls & Lodestones

Monday, January 29, 2007

A Work in Progress...

This is a Pencil and Ink working-drawing for a much larger piece that has lain domant for the better part of 5 years-- while clearing out the extra room to set up an office/studio I found a few projects that I have allowed to languish. The Larger Work is much more than what you see here.

Basically, the canvas will depict a man with flaming hair, bare from the waist up, with right arm out and forward. In his hand is a match he has just struck with his thumbnail, and in the burst of fire will be a face contorted with horror and pain.

Don't ask me what it means (yes, everything I draw or paint has an underlying theme and/or meaning) because I'm not ready to talk about that yet. Despite the pics name, the Piece is tentatively titled "Into the Fire". I absolutely LOVE the eyebrows!

This project is in the neighborhood of 6 years old.

Click on the Image for a closer look...

1 Comments:

Blogger Al-Ozarka said...

You need to borrow my blog title for a little while, EL?

LOL!

January 30, 2007 5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home