Pocket Full of Mumbles

What's done is done, and this puppy's done. Visit me over at Pearls & Lodestones

Friday, August 12, 2005

I Hereby Abstain From Chicken...

I simply must swear off the likes of KFC and Chik-Fil-A. There's just too much slaughter going on. I think perhaps my old friend Stephanie might just be a mite proud of me for taking this controversial stance.

Speaking of slaughter... I'm reminded of an old Tower of Power song, "Can't Stand To See The Slaughter"

I can't stand to see the slaughter,
   but still I eat the meat
I can't stand dishonest people,
   but still sometimes I cheat
I can't stand that air pollution,
   but still I drive a car
Maybe thems the reasons why
   things is like they are..."

Anyway, you get the idea. Thanks to Sharon McBee for turning me on to Tower of Power. And sorry Mr. Turkey, you're still on the menu.

Hmmm, perhaps Stephanie wouldn't be proud afterall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home