Pocket Full of Mumbles

What's done is done, and this puppy's done. Visit me over at Pearls & Lodestones

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

What an Obituary Can & Can't Tell You

I googled a few names this afternoon not really expecting to find any old pals. The two I did find, Lee Pizza [pronounced Peez-ah] and Everett Youngberg, I found-- a glaring misnomer which shall shortly become obvious --Everett through his father's obituary.

When I googled Lee I kinda expected to find something as he's a bigwig at ProTech Services in Panama City [Odd thing about the web address protechserv.com, it outlines, somewhat, the phrase you see on police cars "...To ProTech and Serv"], but back to the obit.... Were it not for said obit, dated April 3, 2004, I wouldn't have found Everett. But then, finding a name in an obit hardly constitutes "finding" anyone unless, as in Lee's case, an email address is part and parcel of said reference. And for clarity's sake Lee was not found in an obituary. Although, it could be said that "finding" someone's name in an obit just after the "Survivors include..." tag could be considered proof that said individual was alive and hale at print.

As to the obit itself. I am very sorry to hear it. My own dad's been gone these past 12 years. I imagine the pain is still fresh in Everett's mind/heart, and if my own experience is any indication the pain may never fade. Should my old friend ever read this he'll at least know I was thinking about him. I remember almost nothing of his father except this... He had a big voice, and was a strong man.

Mr. Clarence Youngberg, Jr., of Panama City, Florida was 73

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be sure to give this to Everitt, I see him often and he always asks about you.

August 23, 2005 3:23 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

The "Anonymous" feature is alright-- I'm going to have to change that --but please leave a name next time. Thanks for the comment nonetheless.

Eric

August 23, 2005 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home