Pocket Full of Mumbles

What's done is done, and this puppy's done. Visit me over at Pearls & Lodestones

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Abdul Rahman: Update

I am heartened that Mr. Rahman has remained steadfast in his faith. I can't imagine how difficult it has been for him. Michelle Malkin is keeping close tabs on this story... I'm merely cutting and pasting.

A few choice cuttings from the Garden of Intolerance:

"We will cut him into little pieces," said Hosnia Wafayosofi, who works at the jail, as she made a cutting motion with her hands.

Rahman said he had surrendered himself to God. "I believe in the holy spirit," he said. "I believe in Christ. And I am a Christian."

"If he doesn't regret his conversion, the punishment will be enforced on him," the judge said. "And the punishment is death."

"He is standing by his words," said Sayad Miakel, 30 [one of Rahman's cellmates]. "He will not become a Muslim again."

Another cellmate [Khalylullah Safi, 31] said Mr. Rahman seemed depressed. "He keeps looking up to the sky, to God..."


This from Ordinary Everyday Christian, recounting Sean McCormack's State Department briefing this morning...

"Before he went into complete stonewall phase ("I've provided the answer I'm going to provide..."), McCormack had this comment:

" "It's a constitutional matter so it's a legal question. So what that tells you is that there are two sides to this." "

"Yes, there are. You can be on the side that opposes the death penalty for being a Christian, or you can be on the side that supports it. I guess we know which side the State Department (and, apparently, the U.S. Government) are on - and it's not Abdul Rahman's."


Useful Numbers and Addresses:

The White House-- 202-456-1111
U.S. State Dept: Main Switchboard-- 202-647-4000

Or simply write the Embassy of Afghanistan:
Ambassador Said T. Jawad
Embassy of Afghanistan
2341 Wyoming Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20008
info@embassyofafghanistan.org


Thanks Michelle


I haven't been able to find an email address for George Bush, but I did come across Mr. Cheney's:

vice_president@whitehouse.gov

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home