Pocket Full of Mumbles

What's done is done, and this puppy's done. Visit me over at Pearls & Lodestones

Friday, October 27, 2006

After the War

Let's move to the shore
Where the salt laden air
And surf-song thunder
Ease the pains of war
Where the scars we share
That near drew us under
Might find peace once more

Let's move to the sea
And lay rest to the woes
That echo our loss
Each new sun we see
Friends, brothers, heroes,
No more counted as dross
upon slag ~ Set free

Let's move to a place
Where the gulls cry forlorn
In endless refrain
Our sad fall from grace
Where memories borne
Through war's cold sodden rain
Steels peace 'pon our face


ELAshley
102706.104811.6

---

No. 8 in EL's on-going series of war poetry. You can find the previous 7, in the order they were penned, below...

Trilogy of War -- Part I

Line of Fire
Trilogy of War -- Part II
I am Atef
Trilogy of War -- Part III

in Memorium
Resurrection

2 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

I'm sure your poetry is quite good... But I am a poor judge of verse. I may be the only woman I know who doesn't like a poem! LOL!

October 28, 2006 6:38 PM  
Blogger Erudite Redneck said...

Good stuff, EL.

October 29, 2006 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home