Pocket Full of Mumbles

What's done is done, and this puppy's done. Visit me over at Pearls & Lodestones

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Tuesday, October 3rd

Spent all day painting the house. Just the front today. I took vacation this week to get the house done before the insurance company cancelled-- can you believe it? They're demanding I paint the house! Sheesh, but boy am I one tired, sore, wore-out, sick to the stomach fella.

I'll be glad when the first frost hits this area. No one can walk outside more than a minute or two without attracting a swarm of gnats. Paris Hilton herself would be granted no favors here by these blasted nuisances.

Watched the second episode of Heroes last night on NBC-- real cool show! Interestingly enough, just like last year with 'Surface' the SciFi Channel will be airing this NBC show as well on Friday nights just before Battlestar Galactica. Did I mention I am a huge SciFi fan?

Had contractors over at the house this afternoon to remove a 30 year old dead-as-the-proverbial-doornail air-conditioning wall unit. They replaced the rotting wooden casement on the exterior wall, and will return Saturday to install a thick pane of glass. It'll be nice to have a window there instead of that monstrous Pooh-bear, eating me-- metaphorically speaking --out of house and honey.

It only took 20 minutes of that old beast sitting at the end of the drive before some crazy person loaded it in the back of their pick-up and drove off. Like... It's a dead air-conditioner, Dude. Not a TV!

Stumbled across Shawn Colvin's new CD quite by accident yesterday-- I couldn't resist. Which only proves I still have tastes for certain secular artists. From what little time I've had to listen, it's pretty good. At least as good as her last, which was one of her best. Musically, when I write lyrics, hers is the level to which I aspire.

Tomorrow night is the season opener for 'Lost'... Can't Wait!

4 Comments:

Blogger tugboatcapn said...

Personally not a big Shawn Colvin fan, but, hey, it takes all kinds.

Also missed "Heros", though I fully intended to watch it. It must have conflicted with something else that I told the TiVo to record.

I didn't have to paint the house, but I did spend all day Monday replacing the left side C.V. Axle in the Wife's Car.

It never frosts here, so we have critters practically year round.
Used to it now, but the Wife has begun to talk about moving back to N.C. again because she misses the cool weather.

When she says the word, I'm going back home at the speed of light.

I love Window Units. They work when my central is on the blink, (like right now,) and I am all about redundant systems.

I like posts like this one. They remind us all that whether we agree or disagree, there actually is another human being on the other end of that glowing monitor, who has responsibilities, duties, joys and discomforts, just like we do.

I wish you success and happiness in all of your endeavors, Lash.

October 03, 2006 11:59 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Thanks, I've got 2 more days to paint, and I honestly don't know how I'm going to get through it.

October 04, 2006 12:08 AM  
Blogger tugboatcapn said...

Just take it one brush stroke at a time...

You can do it.

I've got confidence in you...

October 04, 2006 12:28 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I've got Colvin's first album. I'll have to check out this latest one.

OK, I probably missed it, buy why is your insurance company demanding that you paint your house? Why is it any of their business?

October 04, 2006 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home