Pocket Full of Mumbles

What's done is done, and this puppy's done. Visit me over at Pearls & Lodestones

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Can you find the salt shaker?

And why, Oh why would there be a salt shaker in the control room? Don't ask me, I only work there...














I thoroughly hate to be photographed-- I can't imagine why I allowed this one --but it's a personal perception thing. Just like a recording of your voice sounds completely alien to your own perception of how your voice should truly sound, so too are photographs. I look in the mirror everyday and this is NOT the man I see. I don't know who this guy is.

6 Comments:

Blogger tugboatcapn said...

Woof!

Bet you have to beat the chicks away with a stick, huh? ;-)

Personally, I no longer show up on film.

I have chosen to spare the Blogosphere from the burden of having my own image burned into the collective brain. (Thank me later.)

Maybe someday I will post a picture of my Wife instead. (Just to give everyone a treat.)

October 04, 2006 12:37 AM  
Blogger Dan Trabue said...

"Personally, I no longer show up on film"

Funny, tug. And somehow, I believe it...

Thanks for sharing, EL. I think it helps to see who we're talking to. Humanizes us a bit more.

October 04, 2006 5:48 AM  
Blogger Erudite Redneck said...

I think Tug means he's turned vampire or somethin'.

EL, I imagined you with glasses and a full beard -- and, oh, this is funny: I wear glasses and a full beard. We see ourselves in our most able contenders.

October 04, 2006 6:40 AM  
Blogger Erudite Redneck said...

Oh. The salt shaker is that small white cylinder to the left of the big doohickey over your keyboard.

October 04, 2006 6:41 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I know what you mean! I don't picture myself how I really appear, nor does my voice sound like I perceive it.

October 04, 2006 1:06 PM  
Blogger tugboatcapn said...

Nah, ER...

I just don't let anyone take my picture anymore. (Thank me later...)

October 04, 2006 6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home