Pocket Full of Mumbles

What's done is done, and this puppy's done. Visit me over at Pearls & Lodestones

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Eric Gets Wise

Okay, so today, realizing there was only two days left to paint the house, I said goodbye to the roller and rented a commercial sprayer from Home Depot-- 96 bucks for 24 hours. What took me 3 and a half house to paint with a roller yesterday (just the front of the house) I painted in 20 minutes. The entire house took 3 hours and five minutes... yes I timed it. This included the trim along the roof, the eaves, the window casements, all the way down to the ground as well as the front porch, railings and all. I should also point out that it took an hour and a half to tape up the windows and the outer glass door. You know, the one you open first to get to the real front door?

Yes. I figured it out-- "If one must work, work smart." I'm adding that one to my list of personal maxims.

I took pictures, and will post them... sometime friday.

Every muscle in my body now aches. But that didn't stop me from going to Olive Garden... The meal was exquisite. I had a glass of Chateau Ste. Michelle reisling with the meal. I even had Tiramisu. Too much sugar for a diabetic, but I was close to coma anyway... my body was screaming for sugar. And I met an old friend who works there; someone I hadn't seen in almost ten years. Despite all the pain I now feel, it was a very good day.

----

I watched the season premiere of Lost this evening. It was definitely... unsettling. Unsettling because I'm so used to seeing these people on beaches, in huts, in the jungle... not eating eggs and bacon on the beach. There's a whole new batch of questions in the oven right now. Next weeks previews look more like what we're all used to. There's only one premiere left this fall, and that's friday night's return of Battlestar Galactica. Seriously looking forward to that!

1 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

Congrats on a job well done... And now you've got me hungry for Olive Garden!

October 06, 2006 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home